When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pictorial - 088 Noob 'O' Series as Landed

Mapman57

Not been around here too much the past 2 months due to health issues .

Picked up this latest Noon o series 088 late last month and thought I would share a pictorial of it as it landed - OOB

I will add some more pics later if there is any specific interest?

There was some initial concern over the CP cap, but I have a pretty good one here and am happy with that. The only small issue OOB is the raised CG pin, but this is an easy fix.

I specified it on the brown croc and deploy, as I wanted the Noob polished deploy for use with my OEM black croc and thought I would check out the strap quality ;)

I plan to mod the CG pin shortly and will update the thread later with new pics to illustrate - I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as Projectologist's!

Opinions on the watch - 

Awesome quality, fit and finish
Excellent replication - best 088 to date by far I expect
Things to do - finish and seat the CG pin - otherwise nothing
Incredible lume application and strength
Very happy with the crystal, date mag and cyclops
Fired up with movement, running strong and accurate OOB

If you like the GMT dial - buy it!  :D

Be sure to read the excellent comparison to Gen review on Wrist-Check written by NakorTheBlue - he motivated me to empty my PP account again!

Later in the week I will shoot some pics on alternative, more 'casual' strap choices also.

IMG_7151_zps9f00b17b.jpg

Nice CP...

IMG_7240_zpsfd030e9d.jpg

IMG_7239_zps77b631cb.jpg

IMG_7234_zpsa5e10f18.jpg

IMG_7233_zps7c6154c7.jpg

The Rep croc is NO comparison to the OEM croc - probably best to specify this on a Noob rubber and deploy?

IMG_7231_zps7e385695.jpg

You can clearly see the raised CG pin.........but it appears flat and chamfered

IMG_7230_zps0beae239.jpg

And the glorious lume...

IMG_7304_zpsdb07a388.jpg

IMG_7305_zps8332c58a.jpg

Deployant is superb and in full working order - need to watch out as some Noob deploys come with faulty spring pins!

IMG_7162_zps5859f3cd.jpg

Case back has got the sticky in place, engraving is good (does not look it here due to plastic cover) but spacing on the 'O' is a little out?

IMG_7154_zps9fe7e5ce.jpg

Date mag......DWO all centred and snap over cleanly.

IMG_7160_zps1727142e.jpg

IMG_7157_zps325a6a73.jpg

Looking great on my OEM black croc........

g2va.jpg

Nice watch and deployant. The strap it came with has to go for sure. I have a hard time with my 88 deciding between all black and a honey brown strap. I switch back and forth. Can't make my mind up. The black emphasizes the watch but the honey brown makes an overall more striking combination. One day I may resolve it!!

TimeShare

Nice watch and deployant. The strap it came with has to go for sure. I have a hard time with my 88 deciding between all black and a honey brown strap. I switch back and forth. Can't make my mind up. The black emphasizes the watch but the honey brown makes an overall more striking combination. One day I may resolve it!!

TimeShare

Dead right, strap came off in minutes, only ordered it to get the deploy which is rather good.

I am wearing mine on an OEM PAM black croc with the deploy, awesome and finishes the gen look.

Sourced via Sead, Supermirrors.

I hope you enjoy it as much as i do the 89 which I am still wearing daily since I got it in April

Andy, 089 will be my next purchase, to fill the ti spot!

Did you ever post pics of yours?

The 088 is the only OOB Pam that I own now. I have subsequently flattened and recessed the cg pin. (mind you, I do own quite a few others LOL)

Damn enablers!!!

The 88 rep looks great!  Having owned the gen 88 in the past, I really miss it sometimes even though it always gave me fits on strap selection as the different colored sub dial just never looked right with the straps in my collection.  The brown OEM honey croc looks right!

That ghost 237 looks really good too!

Would the a gen swiss 2893 movement fit these reps?