When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob Questions: Planet Ocean Ceramic Titanium/Rubber Blue

luc717

Great, cheers mate. Been busy over the last week but have decided against sending the watch back to the dealer, so will be opening it up to sort the date wheel and bezel once everything arrives in the post. I have a few more questions, if you wouldn't mind!...

What type of adhesive did you use? I'm ordering some rodico and a dial protector from WatchTool.co.uk, so could pick some up there. I'm thinking super glue might be a bit too permanent in case I want to replace the bezel at a later date.

http://www.watchtool.co.uk/adhesive-c-293_344.html

Any other tips specific to the PO that you discovered when you opened yours up?

How do I 'push' the pearl in, I thought the rim sat on top of the bezel?

Also on a side note, how did you replace the crystal, I thought that requires a press?!

Thanks again for all the help. I'll take/post some photos along the way that will hopefully help out others in future

Edited by luc717

So the screws which hold the movement are very tiny and its a pain in the b... to screw them back in at the end but I managed it and i am sure you will too but just be patient. I used double side sticky tape which i cut in tiny pieces and then used it. It holds but I could take the bezel out any time without opening the case anymore. So superglue would definitely work but was to permanent for me as well. I just like the pearl sit even with the insert so I heated it up with a lighter and then pressed it down a little bit. But do it before you glued the insert in. Yes to get out the crystal I used a press. It is not possible without it in my eyes. And yes without a spare dial definitely use dial protector. Nevertheless, if you only have to replace the insert try to heat up the insert with a hairdryer or something like that and then try to get it out with a razor blade or similar without scratching the bezel assembly. Should work since some members did the same thing.

So good luck and keep us up to date ;)

• 4 months later...