When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Parts Bin

M5Man

Ever wonder if there are locations that just have piles and piles of gen vintage Rolex parts sitting in boxes just waiting to be sold? I found this location and holy [censored]! This guy appears to be sitting on boxes of all kinds of stuff....

158448-13015.jpg

Bands

158448-13016.jpg

Hands

158448-13017.jpg

Movements

158448-13018.jpg

I sent an email to these guys with a shopping list....

http://www.paloaltomicro.com/rolex.htm

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

Edited by M5Man

Seen that guys stuff before, but what never really sure if he was offering any of this stuff

Called him and he definetley is. Asked me to email my list of parts I am looking for. Of course these are for the 1665 that my Grandfather left me in his will... :whistling:

He definitely has stuff for sale. Do you see on the list his genuine Superdome tropic 39 crystal?

I told a member here about that and he drove to Palo Alto and bought it outright.

There's one other piece he's got that I'd be interested in. Utterly rare.

Not going to share? ;)

I've emailed this guy back and forth trying to source a dial and his English/grammer was so bad, I couldn't tell if he was legit or not. I kept saying he'd check on stuff for me and then I'd never hear from him...kind of sketchy unless you're up in the area. I'm from the bay area and was actually up there on Sunday but am back down in SoCal now.

They just got back to me with a part i DESPERATLY need and a great price!!!!! Thanks for pointing this one out, never took it seriously...

As for that crown, I BOUGHT IT!!!!, lol, psyccchh, i would never do that Nanuq ;)

Congrats on finding your part Lions!

That sub dial pictured looks exactly like my gen dial though.

In his email I got he said that all his parts are gen.

Thanks, it's always a risk if you're buying a part that isnt from a AD or RSC, which in the case of reps is pretty much impossible

But, in this guys defense and looking through ALOT of his photos, i have to believe that he definatly sells gen items, as soon as i get a pic I requested from him for the dial i need, i'll be the judge of whether or not he's worth dealing with

i've found this site and actually visited and met the guy some 2yrs ago. his "store", which was located in a really crappy rundown apartment-like building, was like a garage that has not been cleaned for 30yrs. a bunch of [censored] all over the place. there wasn't really a store. it was a storage with roll up door like a garage door. the storage was about 15x15 or so. i seriously doubt if he can find anything there or if he has any of the stuff he listed on the web. in person, he didn't seem to sell or do business (i was very presentable and professional looking as i stopped by after work). i asked him to show me some rolex watches and parts. he said they are in the "safe" and unless i make a commitment to buy, he won't show me. I said i have to see them for me to make a purchase decision... that's where our conversation ended. he did not seem trust worthy or someone who has quality items to sell. that's my experience to share with you guys. may be you have better experience. good luck

Like gattenda, I also stopped by there a couple of years ago. Every bit as funky as g. describes.

I needed a repair for the famous defective clasp on the good SMP that was circulating at the time. He didn't have the right Omega parts; instead he screwed a small nut and bolt into the mushroom hole :wounded1:

Felt great against the wrist...

depending on the model type, condition and end links this could be pretty much ball park for a gen used bracelet.

ive seen them go for twice this price and some go for $4-500 or so.

try a gen bracelet and you'll not be back to the dealers lol. ;)

hes definately not at the cheaper end of the scale though thats for sure from the prices i was quoted for parts for my gen rolex to investigate. for all those thinking they had found a special goldmine to improve their reps, back to the drawing board i think.

welcome to the eye opener of grey market gen parts :(

as with all these things though, YMMV and often it can very much be a case of take it while you can with gen vintage parts if they are critical. its sad that the mighty R has let it get this way with their policies.

Edited by thewightstuff

I'm sure $650 is the going rate for gen ss oyster bracelets...but that's assuming the seller/product is reputable and can be verified...but at that price from that seller, it's just not for me -_- ...I'd rather buy the $35 version from Josh, and know what I'm getting, that's all. ^_^

I'm sure $650 is the going rate for gen ss oyster bracelets...but that's assuming the seller/product is reputable and can be verified...but at that price from that seller, it's just not for me -_- ...I'd rather buy the $35 version from Josh, and know what I'm getting, that's all. ^_^

i cant argue with the first part thats for sure. the old adage of buy the seller not the product certainly holds true with vintage watches and parts.

if it doesnt feel right then your best to walk away and bide your time.

im not sure i follow the logic to the second part but im sorry if its there because you felt i was somehow having a dig, i certainly wasnt intending to.

theres certainly some passable rep bracelets doing the rounds thats for sure that give you the stainless style and function great for a fraction of the price of the real deal.

dont forget those NATOs can look sweet though and they are $15

Edited by thewightstuff