When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Breitling Professional 2 Bracelet

There is more to fitment then just end link width. That may just be a trial by fire. No luck using search? What about using rep bracelet and gen clasp? I mean the rep bracelet is not bad, those clasps are the weak link (no pun intended) in the bracelet.

I am considering doing this very thing but having a heck of a time trying to source a gen clasp. Any ideas where one could be sourced from as eBay has resulted in much head scratching with no results.

I am considering doing this very thing but having a heck of a time trying to source a gen clasp. Any ideas where one could be sourced from as eBay has resulted in much head scratching with no results.

Hmm... I'd think you could have more luck on the watch forums and just camping out... You may have to buy the entire bracelet though. Either way it'll be a tough part to source. GL

Try Chrono24 or Dr Chrono....

http://www.chrono24.com/en/breitling/partsaccessories--acc.htm

http://www.chrono-shop.net/

• Like 1

Thanks Pete, will check that out right now! :)

Hmm... I'd think you could have more luck on the watch forums and just camping out... You may have to buy the entire bracelet though. Either way it'll be a tough part to source. GL

That was what I kept coming back to as well and the cost for a gen bracelet was prohibitive. Hopefully I can find something as that rep clasp is the only real let down of an otherwise superb watch!

Thanks Pete, will check that out right now! :)

That was what I kept coming back to as well and the cost for a gen bracelet was prohibitive. Hopefully I can find something as that rep clasp is the only real let down of an otherwise superb watch!

I agree man Breitling reps are underrated. The clasps are a major let down in most examples. Report back with any findings! I'm definitely interested

I ordered a gen pro 2 bracelet (22mm) from the bay and I'm really hoping that I have fitment issues. If I have fitment issues, I'll probably just end up getting a gen wolf or something lol.

I think you made the right decision. Hope it fits for you.

Does anyone know if it's possible to source one from an AD? Would they even entertain a bracelet purchase and if so, what kind of cost should I be prepared to pay?

Hey Ben, I paid a cool 321 for mine. It is pre owned but in great condition.

Thanks David. That's a great price. In my hunts I see that the Super Avenger bracelets are both plentiful and reasonably priced however the 22mm ones are few and far between and fairly pricey when I do find one :(

I'll keep looking. Please post some pictures of the watch with the new bracelet once it arrives :)

I'll keep looking.

That would be about it though...wouldnt it? For a Scotsman !!

I never seen you lot buy anything...... !! :) :)

:)

• Like 1

The only reason I'm including the first shot is because it's pretty:

b7kAsao.png

Second shot shows fitment of gen pro 2 bracelet. I had to keep the rep part that connects directly to the watch case because the gen parts that it came with were for a different ling and they were a bit curved. The rep part that serves as the intermediate between the case and the bracelet fits perfect and is completely unnoticeable. Here are some shots of how the bracelet fits. I need to adjust the bracelet a little still but immediately the bracelet seems to weigh about 20% more than the rep. 

dCE5OxL.png

In the third image, the gen is on the left and the rep is on the right in both the top and bottom pictures. I apologize for the wear and tear on the rep. As you can tell, all engravings appear more crisp and the breitling stamp doesn't seem as "pushed in" on the genuine. On the rep clasp the part where it says Breitling 1884 is literally pushed in a little bit but on the rep the stamping is much more clear. It's also important to note that even the gen clasp feels as though it should not be twisted in such a way that it would be stress on it at awkward angles when it is open. Also, the push pin (where one would adjust the tightness of the clasp) sits perfectly flush in the holes where as the rep does not. All cuts, corners and angles of the gen seem to be machined with greater attention to detail. The closing thingy on the clasp itself (on the gen) is flat where as on the rep it seems to take the overall curved shape of the rest of the clasp.  

ZRVinEX.png

Lastly, gen is on top and on the left. Again, the attention to detail on the gen is noticeable. 

QzHHwnl.png

• Like 1

Great pictures and review David, thanks for sharing :)

One can certainly see that it's worth getting the gen bracelet as the differences are fairly noticeable, especially in the clasp.

Wear the watch with pride my friend, it looks gorgeous :)