When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Time's "best" Sub - What's The Lume Like?

dabom

I bought the cheaper asian 21j sub from Trusty recently, not the "best" one. I think that the "best" on is based on the one I bought though. Nevertheless, the dial had great lume and the hands had virtually none.

I just got a swiss sub from a forum member yesterday. It was originally from Josh. The lume on the hands is much better but the dial is a lot weaker.

Hope that helps. I think I might take some pics to compare the two and post them in the pictures section.

-- m

I really need to learn how to use my wifes photo setup... I've got the 198$ sub that trusty sold a few monthes back... upgraded now according to his site...

I find the lume lasts super-bright about 5 min *disappointing*... however I do find that when I wake up at 0300 or so in the morning I can read the watch no trouble at all in the dark... so it does last for a good long while at a much dimmer level.

The lume on just about every rep is at best marginal. The best ones I have are my SS Sub from Paul and the hands, but not the dial on my Bentley GT. Nothing glows for hours like the lume on inexpensive genuines. The reality problem is that the lume on the expensive genuines these reps mimic is often excellent. Re luming with SuperLuminova is about a $40-$50 service and SL lasts a lifetime. By its' chemical nature, it never will loose it's ability to absorb and radiate light energy.

Some reps now come with "Super Lume" treatment but they are few and far between. In my dreams, some day, all my reps glow all night long.

Weak is too "weak" word. In more stronger words - lume is there, but luminosity (glow effect) of it is nowhere. :angry:

My Paul's "So called perfect SUB" which is very similar, if not equal to this "best one", keeps luminoscity of dial, hands and pearl, no more than 5 minutes even after exposing it to very strong light source (couple of minutes under 25 W halogen lamp at 5 cm distance). Whole thing is even worse under plain daylight!

At 0300 AM I have great trouble to even find where is the bloody watch, there is not a slight sign of the luminosity.

PS

I am not sure that I use proper spelling for "luminosity" - but I am sure that you know what I mean :rolleyes: .

Since Trusty doesn't indicate that he relumes the watches, you can assume it will be as dissapointing as most reps, pointed out here by other members.

There is an exception to this lousy lume rule in reps. If you get a Rolex GMT Anniverary, Sub LV or Yachmaster with the maxi dial, there is enough luminous material on the hands and hour markers to glow comparably with genuines. My GMT 50th Anniv. w/ maxi dialfrom Josh glowed all night, as well if not better than my gen. '06 Sub.