When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clasp removal...help!

Gav_tt225

Further to my thread over in the Breitling area I'm in need of some expert advice to remove my clasp.

Andrew has agreed to send a new clasp as the current one on my steelfish is shockingly bad to put it mildly. However, i'm a bit stuck as I just cannot seem to remove a simple pin. It looks slightly flat headed on both ends so pushing through seems impossible. Anybody got a clue on how to do this please... I've searched everywhere for the answer but can't find it. Here's the pin i'm talking about. Cheers guys!

2vyq.jpg

39jv.jpg

8f0v.jpg

It almost looks like it comes off at the link, does the new clasp include that center link piece?

Here is a clasp for sale on the bay and that last center link piece is attached at the point that you are trying to separate it.

post-44290-0-63680200-1382106010_thumb.j

• Like 1

I would have thought the same thing. When I was scouting for a new clasp on eBay the real difficulty was finding one that had the same centre link attached so that I could change the clasp out at the link as icoopernicus stated.

Guys I think you are completely right and thanks icoopernicus for the image, makes a lot more sense now. I don't have the clasp as of yet but Andrew has agreed to send one. he did mention sending a QC pic first, so i'll be looking out for that end link connected. On a plus as well that means I will have the other part too with the Breitling logo stamped on... currently the one I have is awful as you can see from the pics. Fingers crossed Andrew comes through on his word.

I was thinking the same thing, guys.  I don't think that Andrew would bother to source just the locking latch for you when he can likely only get the entire spare clasp.  No point in him separating the parts out when you can just get the whole piece, especially since the latch is held down by a riveted bar.  Hopefully he will find a good one for you and your 'Fish will look as legit as it can!

• Like 1

Wish I could have convinced Josh to send me a new clasp after my PO ceramic clasp failed, as in it looks great but doesn't work at all. He did offer me a new bracelet for $80 though :bangin:

I have a spare new Omega clasp for the 22mm bracelet and can it send it to you if you want mate.