When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carrera Calibre 16 Day Date Monaco GP - pictorial and mini review

z3k0

As soon as I seen this reped I knew I must get it. My first rep ever, some 7 years ago, was Carrera Chrono Racing - and in a way this model is a descendant - red accents, rubber strap etc.

So, I got it from Angus, and it was love on first sight :) Quality and finishing is really great, everything feels solid, pushers, crown etc. Dial has very nice semi-mat texture, very gen-like, rep makers are getting better at this with every new model. Rubber strap feels soft but solid, compared to gen it is even a bit softer, very good tire tread pattern. Clasp is very nicely executed, firm and solid action on closing and opening. Lume is there, not really torch, but considering very small lumed areas it is quite OK.

Well, enough talk, let's see some pictures :popcorn:

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

regards

Superb choice my friend, you chose a great model.  I love my Carrera.  

You touch on rep makers getting better each time they rep something, now whilst this is true, in part, they are, but with this particular model, they all have minute discrepancies with the chapter ring markings, which to put simply, they are not uniform all the way around, resulting in some misaligned areas.  

Good TAG logo on the dial, no blue screws! that's two of the biggest tells from the old Day Date carrera's fixed. I wonder if this will filter to the old models?

Great looking watch too, I like the stick indicies vs. the Arabic Numerals (not more, just also) it gives the watch it's own look while being essentially the same watch.

Good TAG logo on the dial, no blue screws! that's two of the biggest tells from the old Day Date carrera's fixed. I wonder if this will filter to the old models?

Great looking watch too, I like the stick indicies vs. the Arabic Numerals (not more, just also) it gives the watch it's own look while being essentially the same watch.

Unfortunately blue screws are still there, it's just reflections on the movement pic that make it look like screws are silver. 

• 3 weeks later...