When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fed Ex charges!

Gav_tt225

Ok so I received my SOSF on the 17th October from trusty in a record time of 6 days so quite suprised to receive a letter of duty charges from Fed Ex totalling £20.59!!! Now I have the watch so I'm quite inclined to not pay these ridiculous charges but I'm not certain of the implications. It's all leaving a bit of a sour taste in my mouth given the cost of the watch with p&p was $423 and the clasp is broke... Now this!

Should I just bite the bullet and pay up?? Oh and it's my bday today so thanks fed ex lol.

So what happens if you don't pay? Just curious.

FedEx will send you a bill, and after that is exhausted, probably try some sort of collection process. For sure the next time you receive a FedEx package, they will hold it and you will have to go to the FedEx location and pay the back charges before they release the package.

They are sort of hit or miss over here in the USA, sometimes they charge the duty, sometimes not. Over the years I have ordered perhaps 6 new watches from Switzerland. I believe they charged customs on 2 or 3 and the others slip through. When you send a watch back to Omega in Bienne, for restoration or repair, they make you fill out a customs form that declares that the watch is used, and is for repair and return, they use that to keep from having to pay incoming duty to Switzerland, but also put that form in the package to keep the owner from paying on return.