When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mikellum's Fine pens

panerai153

I have to say, I'm a sucker for pens!! I've collected pens for as long as I have collected watches. Mostly vintage pens, as  I believe that the golden age of fountain pens was the early years of the 20th Century when everyone wrote with fountain pens. When I started school, we wrote with either a #2 pencil or a fountain pen. Most of you guys probably have never written with a pen that you have to fill by sucking ink out of a bottle! I would guess that most folks back in the era of pens lived with ink stained hands and ink spots on their shirts where the pens leaked!! Of course today we have evolved to better easier to use, less complicated pens like the ball point and roller ball. in my work, I cannot use a fountain pen, as all of our records are either 2 or 3 part, and a ball point or rollerball makes better copies. So my fountain pens are mostly in display cases and a few that I use in my office to sign papers and checks.

But this story isn't about me and my pens, but another long time member, Mikellum. Mike makes beautiful, collectible pens, but they are also user friendly and robust enough that you could certainly use them as your everyday pen. I read about Mike and his health problems on a thread here a few days ago, and immediately went to his Ebay store. WOW!! I was amazed at the quality and beauty of his pens. Since the watch dial pens are still in the conceptual stage, I decided to buy one for my wife, who is also a pen lover. I decided to purchase the "Pansy" pen which is made from real Pansies inside the resin barrel. I ordered the pen, and yesterday it arrived. I have to say it's even better than the photos depicted. Beautiful, well balanced and a rollerball refill that is easily found at your local Staples ,Office Depot, and online. this is important, because I have bought rollerballs that contained refills that were unmarked and very difficult to source. Another thing I found very handy about this pen is it's threaded on both ends, so the cap screws on the top of the barrel when you are using the pen. This solves a dilemma that often occurs with better rollerball pens, "what to do with the cap"? Often the cap doesn't fit very securely on the top and you end up having to put the on your desk while you write. Problem solved with this pen.  

I would urge each and every member here to go to the website or eBay. Mike's eBay name is penzrus, and it's easily found. Please take a look and if you like something, contact Mike and he can get it to you. If you purchase it from him directly, there is a further discount, plus he saves the eBay fees.

Another thing, Mike is trying to put together pens using watch dials, so if you have any old unused dials lying around, send them to Mike and help a fellow member out.

Enough talk, here are a few photos of the "Pansy" pen  I purchased for my wife.

Thanks for looking.

post-327-0-21468400-1382891429_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-32847700-1382891414_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-03612300-1382891400_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-84672400-1382891377_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-13778900-1382891359_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Can you give me a web or mail address please?

AJ

He is on eBay, seller name is penzrus. Contact him and let him know your from rwg and he'll give you an additional discount and do the sale outside of eBay to save him the eBay fees.

I got my wife a pen from him and its on the way, great guy to deal with and I'll post pics when it comes in.