When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with brevet crown/tube threads

aeromatic

Two of my yukiwatch 6538 cases have had problems with the threads the brevet crowns can not screw up tight and just pop out leaving the watch unprotected you can push the crown up to the case without it threading .

I have emailed  yuki but they do not supply tubes only crown/tube sets do we have any other options ? i like the curved finish of the yuki brevet the athayia brevet crown is flat , but a very good buy.

I will order a helenarou crown tube to try but i think that the crown is 8.2mm size helenarou crowns have very good strong threads as fitted to my homage blackbay .

Sounds like the threads are stripped. Could be either the crown or tube, though the tube threads are easier to see. I am not sure about 8mm crowns, but in the case of other Twin/Trip locks, you could also have a mismatch between crown & tube, where the threading for the tube begins beyond the end of the tube, which is required for some crowns.

Sounds like the threads are stripped. Could be either the crown or tube, though the tube threads are easier to see. I am not sure about 8mm crowns, but in the case of other Twin/Trip locks, you could also have a mismatch between crown & tube, where the threading for the tube begins beyond the end of the tube, which is required for some crowns.

Thank you freddy ! i checked it and you can see the tube threads are stripped, i think caused by exactly how you said the only option for me is a athayia or helenarou crown i dont want to spend up to 280usd !

• 5 weeks later...

Well i decided to order the helenarou brevet crown to replace the cross threaded yuki crown /tube hope it will fit !

post-27094-0-91678800-1385658719_thumb.j 

i must say it look great too me 

post-27094-0-83430000-1385658928_thumb.j

post-27094-0-95946700-1385658965_thumb.j

The first photo was sent to me by  helenarou

Looks great.

I have an Athaya big crown on the way for a project.

I have a Yuki 5513 case. I notice that they did a terrible job of threading the tube. It's like their tap is super dull or something.

Thanks ! Damn i have a yuki 5513 in the post hope mine is ok ,so it seems that the problem is widespread !

i have ordered a couple of athaya crowns the athaya crowns are flat as i am replacing the yuki crown which is a curved dome style i decided to go for the helenarou

Edited by aeromatic

Yes. I had to remove the Yuki 703 tube. Retap. Then installed a new tube with loctite. Fine now. I'd rather it come drilled but untapped. That's what I woukd request next time.

Yes me too but my 5513 has already been shipped Oh well !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea how well the helenarou crown actually seals?  I've got a 300m rated MK II LRRP Dive watch, that I want to have modified with shaved CG's, and replace the crown with something bigger.  Would the Helenarou 8mm crown, either sterile or with markings, be good enough for swimming (I don't plan to go down to 300m).