When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just wanted to show this vintage friend

frank209

This is one of the 5000 gen 1972  IWC 3601 that i found in a little store today.

May i present to you, my new daily friend:

I love it more than some others i have. Weird hu?

post-48494-0-87309000-1383151538_thumb.j

post-48494-0-31830600-1383151551_thumb.j

• Like 1

It's got a really cool "accutron" movement that IWC made themselves ( 9164 movement). gives a nice "hummmmmmm" and the second hand goes smoooooooth! 

Indeed it looks like an old Yacht Club, i guess the case and dial is similar except that this one is "electronic" instead of "automatic"

Edited by frank209

I don't know how to open it.....   It's scary but i think it's a click-off case. my watchmaker opened it yesterday when i bought the strap in a second. didn't really pay attention since i was holding the new ingenieur Silberpfeil. :)  Anyway:

I made a small video for you and cranked the sound way up when i put the watch next to the microphone, so you get an idea of what it does.

The humming is only hearable when you put it next to your ear, but last evening i heard it while it was laying on the couch next to me while reading a book. i'm so glad i walked into that little shop of vintage furniture. the guy had no idea what he sold. only costed me 75 euro's! i guess that's been all the luck in my life.

p.s. more information about these movements is found here: http://members.iinet.net.au/~fotoplot/acctechesa.htm
and more specific about mine IWC one here: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&IWC_150
Oh! and bout day/date wheels.. guess what i found as a spare in the box..

I'll make a full photoset of it soon.

Edited by frank209

i know! it felt like i found gold when i opened the box. it became worse when i asked for the price. he was too busy with buying 80's vinyl from a DJ that came in and said quite irritated "just 75 euro's will be ok" didn't know how fast i had to pay.

i know! it felt like i found gold when i opened the box. it became worse when i asked for the price. he was too busy with buying 80's vinyl from a DJ that came in and said quite irritated "just 75 euro's will be ok" didn't know how fast i had to pay.

75 worthless Euros :drunk:

it was a steal!!!! :huglove: