When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unknown Smiths movement? (and unknown clock)

fraggle42

I've had this lovely little travel / bedside minature Smiths clock for decades, I got it when we were clearing out my grandad and grandmas house after they passed on, my "thing" to remember them by,

I've just found it again and had the idea of getting AJ to do his magic and put it into a watch case, and I'm trying to find any information on it.

And come up with absolutely nothing. Nada. It's not even on the websites that have Smiths clocks and watches.

Does anyone know which Smiths movement it is, and which clock it is? I think it's a travel clock, maybe. It comes in a little tiny leather box, silk lined, to keep it in. And the bridge on the movement adds the second hand (I think). The movement and dial are 27mm, and they are encased in a clear plastic / perspex cube that is in two halves. Loosen off four screws on the bottom and the halves of the cube fall out.

There aren't any hallmarks on the metal stand and band encircliing the cube, but I think it's gold plated.

post-50255-0-76390600-1383433789_thumb.j

post-50255-0-18960100-1383433790_thumb.j

post-50255-0-73644300-1383433790_thumb.j

post-50255-0-35798500-1383433791_thumb.j

Ah! Duh! :)

It's a Smiths 27-CS movement. And the bridge moves the small seconds hand to a centre seconds hand. Doesn't it help when you type the right things into google? :)

Now I just would like to know what the little clock case is, as I can't find it anywhere.