When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 1500 help

junior bonner

Hello guys, I'm trying to build my franken 15000

At this moment I have gen 15000 CASe with glass, bezel, tube and crown; Sea Gull movement.. (Eta 2824 clone mov.) and gen dial.

I don't know wich date wheel I have to buy and where.

I think I need movement ring... wich and where??"?"?

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance

JB

I used a 2846-2 movement with a Rafflestime #2 ring. I modified the ring so its OD fit in the case properly and supported the dial. As for the DWO, I had a (beat up) open 6/9 that worked fine. Not sure of the source, though.

9A500CAC-33C1-446D-91AF-593B4A3DD091-490

thanks mate... your franken is really amazing!!! congrats!!!!

Where you can find DWO?

cheers

If you have a 15000 case which originally had a 3035 movt. in it, I think a 2836-2 (or the lower beat 2846-2) would work better than the 2824-2. I think the rafflestime #2 ring will still do the trick. The DWO with open 6s and 9s will be the biggest challenge. If I couldn't find one, I'd go with the BK or TC overlay and wouldn't look back.

The issue with the real datewheels is that they are a little thick, but I think that they can be made to work. People sometimes sand the existing DW to make it thinner. Also, a little more space between the DWs and the underside of the dial can help. Maybe some dial dots. Of course, this is where I go to my watchmaker and let him takeover!