When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help me guys !

zeus

Dear Friends ,

I know that i could search the forum , I did that allready ,but i still don't get the solution.

I get the Daytona 7750 running at 6 watch . The watch is stoped all the time .

I will take the watch tomorrow to watchsmith . Pls witch is the soloution to the problem ? What is the watchsmith going to do ? 

Pls i need some instructions . Clear and simple pls

• Like 1

You have already been told by a very competent moderator that this movement is a ticking timebomb that eventually provides epic failure resulting in a shiny door stop.  How many times are we going to have to tell you this?

Now, source a Daytona with seconds at nine and be happy.

You can improve the problem by highly polishing the 6 oclock gear and the metal surface it slides over - that is the source of the problem. The conversion to move the seconds to the 6 o clock position was done on the cheap, they didn't bother to use a jewel bearing, it's metal rubbing over metal.

Polish the surfaces right up, and recess as much of the gears surface as possible in a lathe and it will make it as good as it can get. You will need to give the whole movement a good service as well to make sure it's all working as efficiently as it can be.

Alternatively I suppose you could get someone to modify the movement and put a jewel where they should have put one in the first place, but you'll be talking many hundreds of $ to do that.