When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 183 Swiss Vs China

Guest jd6753

First of all, my appologies for a noob question.

I have had many swiss pams, however I have yet to see and hold a panerai with a chinese unitas in it.

Is there a substantial difference (i.e. accuracy, asthetics, weight) between the two, or is it just the fact

that the movement was made in china?

Lastly, some dealers say that the china 183's have sapphire crystal and some say that they have mineral.

Does any one own a china 183 to verify?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
Lastly, some dealers say that the china 183's have sapphire crystal and some say that they have mineral.

And they're right. :blink:

Some cn 183s do indeed have sapphire. The movement has nothing to do with the case.

I have a cn 183 with a G movement and it works fine. Look at the movement to determine if it's good enough-looking for you:

198774-2184.jpg

198774-2185.jpg

This is a cn H movement to compare.

198774-2186.jpg

And they're right. :blink:

Some cn 183s do indeed have sapphire. The movement has nothing to do with the case.

I have a cn 183 with a G movement and it works fine. Look at the movement to determine if it's good enough-looking for you:

198776-2181.jpg

198776-2182.jpg

This is a cn H movement to compare.

198776-2183.jpg

Pug - thats right, I totally forgot you had a CN movement in your 183. It's been pretty dependable?

Pug - thats right, I totally forgot you had a CN movement in your 183. It's been pretty dependable?

Apart from the crystal breaking inexplicably (or so she tells me), it's been Mrs Pugwash-proof. She's had it for the last three months.

Apart from the crystal breaking inexplicably (or so she tells me), it's been Mrs Pugwash-proof. She's had it for the last three months.

Ehh, women :whistling: Pug (or anyone with knowledge) - as far as the stripping of the crown/crown tube, is that still a major issue with this watch. I had read a lot about it but that seemed to be back in Nov 2005, on the thread I was reading, but didnt know if that was still a pressing issue. Thanks.