When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should we require (SOLD) notification in heading in sales forums?

rionrlty

Hehe, no.

All these forums use something called BBCode to format the text and pictures in posts, it's a bit like HTML.

That switch in the top left toggles between letting you edit the text raw, where you can edit the BBCode directly, or a 'WYSIWYG' editor.

fraggle42, I don't know what you just said, but thanks for saying it.  The first main frame computer went into operation at McDonnell Aircraft corporation (later to become McDonnell/Douglas Corp) at St. Louis Missouri, USA in around 1965.  The next biggest one was installed in Brown Shoe Corp., Where I worked, same city, around 1967.  It took up almost 40,000 glass enclosed square feet of the basement of there world head quarters building and was about 50 feet from my office.  There were countless large tape driven processors, interconnected, on a raised subfloor with it's own dedicated air conditioning system beneath the floor to keep all the solid state circuitry cool..  Everyone who worked inside had to wear a coat, even in the summer.  I'm told that the whole massive project was not equal to the processing power of a cheap laptop today. 

I'm proud to say that I thought the whole idea was a boondoggle and patently silly.  I resisted any such influence or knowledge of same until around 1985 when I had to learn how to use a, still crude by current standards, but much smaller, computer in my job.  I've successfully stayed about 10 years behind the curve ever since.  My 15 year old grandson is a wiz at it and speaks a language that I don't understand most of the time.  Your post reminded me of that.  I didn't understand much of what you said once we got past "Toggle", but thanks for trying.  I'm a Real Estate Broker by profession.  I retired in 2008 and kicked back for 3 years.  I didn't like retirement so I returned in 2011.  During that time the whole industry switched from paper documents to doing everything on the internet.  It felt like I'd missed 20 years instead of just 3, so I've been playing catch-up ever since.

Thanks again