When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First buy: Mark XVII crooked markers

eundo

Bought my first rep from a member at rep geek. I love the watch. Lume is good. Movement seems clean. AR good. Power reserve is solid. All good except for the 12 and 3 o'clock indicators.

Is the fix for these easy? I have never removed the case back of a watch so I am as green as they come. I've read that it's just a matter of removing the case back and manually adjusting, but this seems like an Occam's razor fantasy.

At some point I plan on upgrading the movement to a Swiss ETA equivalent and the dial to gen (if I am so luck as to come into one). Considering this a sort of project watch. For now I just desperately want to fix the markers which are such an obvious tell on an otherwise beautiful watch.

Here are some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the case, hands and date window, that appears to be the 2813 21j model. If so, it may not fit together with an eta movement, others have looked at how it all fits together (such as the hands onto the cannon/center pin), and even the crown sits at a different height in the case vs an eta2892 per the gen. It may be quite a task. In terms of adjusting the markers, it can be done, just be careful when you remove the crown or you'll end up with keyless works.

I believe it is the KW version, 2813 21j. That's too bad about the movement swap.

Are there any recommended resources for doing this? As I have no experience, I'm not sure how to carefully remove the crown and movement. I also would really rather not break my first rep doing something that could have been prevented with more careful technique.