When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions on sausage dial lume - who's best these days?

Rovin

Now that I have stuffed reversing wheels in my 237 and have to pull it apart, I figured I've had enough of the grainy and misaligned lume on my 237 and want to get it done properly as I do like this watch.

Any opinions on who can scrape off the old and re-lume perfectly? 

Most modders dont do it as a rule or rather dont do it completely...for many reasons..time, cost, risk of damage etc

If you ask specifically it is best but most will do that dial for you mate.... and most will do it well :)

So depending where you are depends on who... ie avoiding customs risks etc

if US then Vac, or Kent Parks (long wait time) plus some others but none I would use on this dial personally... then if in EU you can try Domi or LeWiz (though he is temp not taking work at mo)...personally it would be Domi...and if in Asia or Aus etc then Goin is worth a try..

However if you dont care where you send it..then personally I have found Domi the best at removing and redoing the lume on these style dials :)

But which ever you choose I would wait till after crimbo to send it but try to book it in now ... and be prepared to wait around 3 months or so.. :)

The truth is I have never seen any relume that looks like gen under scrutiny ;) ...but they do come closeish

OOI have you a pic of the lume issue...

Is it really that big of a deal or does it just bug you because you know about it ? :)