When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot partnered with Alinghi ?!?

Uberscreamer

So,  I was just cruising the World of Watches site (worldofwatches.com)  for the heck of it to see what specials they are running for Black Friday.   For some reason I decided to check out some of the larger name brands that they have recently started carrying in the last 12 to 6 months or so (I really only cruise the site maybe twice a year, to look for some nice deals on Seiko to quench my Gen thirst).  To my surprise, I noticed that they are carrying Hublot watches.  So, I decided to check and see what they are carrying, since the site is generally pretty good at posting decent pictures of the pieces they carry, and I wanted to do some salivating....  and oh boy, did I start salivating.  Especially over this...

http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?iq=1&bo_products_id=0&bo_products_variance_id=191055&promotion_code=WMP7147112913112134761191055

I have been a fan of the Hublot 4000m diver ever since I first saw it, which was really something for me since Hublot had never been a brand that piqued my interest.  In fact, until this model, I considered the brand to be too derivative of Audemars Piquet.  To this day, most of the models still feel this way, but something about the diver always called out to me.   And now I find that they have produced a model in partnership with Alinghi.  Now, I am not really so much excited about the partnership, as that this piece is made using the Red and Black team colors for Alinghi.  This has to be the sexiest dial I have ever seen Hublot come out with in the red and black, and the CF bezel and case just pushes it over the top.  I really hope to see this model produced someday by one of our esteemed factories, especially since they seem to have perfected the use of CF in our reps...    One can hope, no? 

What do you guys think?

post-52117-0-97666300-1385805444_thumb.j

post-52117-0-48038500-1385805454_thumb.j

I have liked some of the Hublot and Alinghi collabarations...but this aint one of them....

I dont like any variations of the original Ti diver 4000m and the same with the original 1000m...

• 3 weeks later...

Other than the strap, wrong coloured dial and misaligned screws it looks good...The visual for me is difficult, but than what I like looks more like this:

a89bf77a-prod.png

and this:

521_NX_1170_NX-prod.png

the hands are pink, numbers are neither Ferrari-red nor orange if it was a rep I would ask for a better sample :lol: .

As a gen: over-engineered meets over done for more than USD 25.500 (that's the price for the non-limited carbon edition).

I concede it has a dramatic, post-apocalyptic, even appealing  "Ueber-watch Terminator-look", but too much for me so

only if I would have to dive :snorkel: THAT deep, I would choose this one: Hublot Oceanographic 4000 Titanium which goes for 5000 USD less

(and this underwater pic from Hublot is great):

hublot-oceanographic-4000-titanium-case-