When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROLEX Pro Hunter GMT PVD/NY Swiss 2836

morbea

Good morning to everyone, 

This is my first post over the forum so please, if I need to introduce myself in advance, I will do it so. 

I have reading over this past few months this fantastic site and I came to the conclusion that it was time for me to move and purchase a watch. I h ave finally decided for a ROLEX PRO HUNTER GMT with the SWISS ETA 2836-2 movement from trustytime. My questions are as follows and I would appreciate any support you could give me to the following doubts: 

*Is that movement reliable? If not, which could it be the best option? TC 2836?

*How often do I need to adjust the movement over the year? Does it need any annual revision? 

*Is there any better version for this model?

Thanks a lot for your comments and sorry for my bad english. 

Regards to all, 

assuming you actually get the Swiss engine you paid for, it should work just fine straight out of the box

if you like the watch after a few months of constant wear, get it serviced

that way you'll chip it in a dozen places before it stops working and you can go splurge on version 4.3.2 (whatever they choose to call it a few years from now)

assuming you actually get the Swiss engine you paid for, it should work just fine straight out of the box

if you like the watch after a few months of constant wear, get it serviced

that way you'll chip it in a dozen places before it stops working and you can go splurge on version 4.3.2 (whatever they choose to call it a few years from now)

Thanks a lor for your reply!

However I did not understand some details from your comment. What do you mean for "chip it in a dozen places" and "go splurge on version 4.3.2"? You mean the movement? 

Thanks 

Just another doubt:

Does the swiss ETA 2836 worth the value over the asian clone 2836? I have read over this forum that the swiss is made of used parts and that it needs to be service quite often. 

Thanks 

A serviced a2836 should run fine. It's not worth the upgrade to swiss IMO.