When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Ploprof

astonjenks

I recently purchased an Omega Ploprof (Plop) (V1 I understand) in a M2M deal from another Forum. I had been advised that the dial would be too small for me as I am a 46/48mm kind of guy with just over 8 inch wrists and the advice was from someone whom is very knowledgeable and pretty much knows most things about such matters and in typical fashion I went straight in with my eyes wide open.

So, with my 'Search' head on a really great Plop was advertised on the other Forum (I rarely go there, its all too pushy in comparison) and started emailing the owner and fellow collector/lover of watches. The watch was unmarked and had the very desirable Sharks tooth mesh and Omega deployant buckle but wasn't running right and needed some TLC or a service, possibly both.

So an agreement was made and the watch paid for and duly shipped. Upon arrival I took the watch down to the case and cleaned and oiled the movement and put her back together. At the same time I refinished (tickled) the case and thoroughly cleaned the bracelet.

The result I am delighted with and this Plop has not missed a beat in three weeks of rotation with several others. Most notably the watch wears really well with a great weight/feel (i might try the rubber Orange strap at some point) and the deployant buckle makes this the easiest adjusting strap I have ever known, in one of the pictures you will see the bar that simply depressed to provide tiny adjustments to loosen or reduce its length.

In conclusion for all you guys on the fence, you've got to try this as it feels just right, very Retro, great weight and great wrist presence.

Regards

AJ

post-48021-0-28829400-1386088307_thumb.j

post-48021-0-46363600-1386088317_thumb.j

post-48021-0-57521300-1386088327_thumb.j

post-48021-0-93738800-1386088339_thumb.j

post-48021-0-85110900-1386088481_thumb.j

• Like 1

Congrats and wear in good health....

I bet that knowledgeable guy was talking out of his a*rse.....they usually do...I hate those sorts of guys.... dont ask him anything again he obviously aint got a clue...!!

But me personally I always found them all case.... but there is a lot to be said for "all fur coat and no knickers ! " :)

I've thought the same as Pete (about the watch :) )

All case and the He release valve is a bit garish.

If I find one going dirt cheap, maybe one that needs a little bit of work, I'll bite just to try one and see, or if someone brings one to a UK GTG that I go to I'll try it.

Richard

Just say the word and you can try mine!

Regards

AJ

Wow, very much appreciated AJ!

When my little Smiths is finished I'll take you up as you can post both in the same package :)

(should get that posted sometime this week - trying to find something to put the movement in, I think the original case is the best thing!)