When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received email from UK customs...I didnt even order anything.

Azurax

Hi guys,

I got an odd email today from Royal Mail.

Subject: Mail - Lost / Missing Package - UK Customs and Border Protection

"Royal Mail has detained your package for some reason (for example, lack of a proper invoice, bill of sale, or other documentation, a possible trademark violation, or if the package requires a formal entry) the RM International Mail Branch holding it will notify you of the reason for detention (in writing) and how you can get it released."

First off, I did not even order a watch nor have any sort of item being delivered to me at the moment. The last watch I ordered came to me a little over a month ago. Secondly, how did they get my email? I thought if I were to get this sort of notification, it'd be by mail. I believe Royal Mail is a legit company but I don't recall ever using them directly (maybe when I purchase watches I always use EMS). What is going on here? Should I be concerned?

I live in the United States.

Also, I believe the watches I order come straight from China - never entering UK customs...so I don't see how I got tied to this. 

learned its a scam...deleted and moving on :D

Glad to hear its sorted mate :)

First one I have heard on here...but I have seen it reported on websites... seems they do the same with other couriers too... so you think you have a package of value and of course you know you aint but your curiousness or greed or both sort of lures you into falling for it as genuine.. :)

My son keeps getting variations of a Police email saying he has been using illegal sites for downloads and games etc and he will be prosecuted and his computer shut down if he doesnt send a £100 fine to the link in the email..

The first time he got one his face was a picture !! Of course at his age he thought it was real and also that guilt all young teenagers have when questioned about what they have searched and looked for on the internet !!

He was really paniking...I so enjoyed questioning him and winding him up a bit more.... I think it may of don some good for him as he aint as busy on it as he used to be.. ;)

• Like 1

Pete you are a cruel cruel man!

The thought of having that conversation with my old man when I was a teenager makes me feel faint!

LOL ! mate.. :)

I do like a wind up so I couldnt help myself....:)

A common one at the moment is a DHL scam.  

You receive an email saying they tried to deliver at 10.10 and because they couldn't deliver you need to open the zip file.  I got caught by this - but couldn't open the zip file because I don't have this on my laptop.  I rang DHL to get some clarity and they told me this is a scam.

So, having a steam powered laptop worked for me this one time!

Good day friend,

I am the king of Nigeria and I have millions of dollars to give you etc....

Wait !! You mean that aint true!!???  :)

So, having a steam powered laptop worked for me this one time!

A man after my own heart...at the forefront of modern technology :)

Yea, I've received the Royal Mail one a couple of times in past two weeks.

And I will keep sending them till you reply.... !! ;)