When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

asian 7753

umairarif

Hi

As I am new to replicas and even swiss watches, I recently bought PAM 187 with asia 7753 and AP diver v5  with with asian 2824. I used them once yet and then put them in wardrobe for couple of days, when I took them out today they had stopped working and I had to set the time and date again and they are ticking again now very well. Just wanted to know do I have to do this every second or third day if they are sat in drawer for few days? Also I am planing to buy a swiss eta and other asian automatic movements, would be the case with all of them?

cheers

They are basically the same as manual wind movements with a couple of extra gears and a rotor to aid winding. Some can be wound in only one direction that the rotor rotates in, others can be wound in whatever way the rotor rotates.

There have been some watches where they have increased the power reserve through twin barrels (mains springs), more efficiency etc, but most watches are similar in their power reserve.

It will only stay wound if it is being worn on your wrist or is placed in a watch winder that rocks the watch for you while you are not wearing it.

It doesn't matter what direction it winds in, it will not be damaged through winding. The mainspring is designed to slip once it is fully wound.