When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valjoux 7753

panerailord

7750 or 7753?

The red arrow points to the needle you'll need to move to regulate the movement. Each etched notch should represent a five-second gain (+) or five-second loss (-) per 24 hrs.

160665-12309.jpg

CAREFULLY (without applying too much pressure), slide this part:

160665-12310.jpg

To here:

160665-12311.jpg

Moving the arm to the position shown should substantially slow it down. Moving it the opposite way on this movement will make it run faster. I don't think PAMs have hacking movement, so there's no way to stop the second hand & sink it with the second hand on your computer's digital clock for a comparison, but you should notice it gradually slowing down.

That should correct a great deal of it, but the watch is probably running fast because it needs a lube job.

• 11 months later...

Gents....Sorry to bring up an old thread but this one has pictures that illustrate my question on regulating this movement.

In the top picture the movement has "Arrow" for adjustment. In this movement is the Arrow that's pointed out for fine adjustment and the arm with the two gold rivits for course adjustments as pictured in the following movements without the "arrow" adjuster.?

The movement in my PAM 212 is like the top one pictured and runs several minutes a day fast...I wanted to try to regulate it myself until I can send it to The Zigmeister to be serviced.

Thanks...and sorry for the lack of correct terms.

The top picture shows a older A7750 with the non-funtional fine rate adjuster...non funtional since in my experince you move the arm, and either nothing happens, or the arm breaks off...

Therefore your better to do as in picture 2 and 3, move the arm with the regulator on it.

CAUTION

Only do so with a loupe on your eye, trying to do this with no magnification is a disaster waiting to happen, the hairspring is right below this arm, one slip, or pressure on the spring...and you'll have more problems that you started with. Move it CW towards the other arm, I would say 1/16 - 1/8 of an inch and monitor it...very hard to do without a timing machine so it takes patience to see what effect your work did...

Good luck, remember good loupe, strong light, tweezers, stay away from the hairspring and only move it slightly. Don't move the other arm as it affects beat.

RG

Thanks Rob, luckily I've got all of the stuff you mention above.

One question...does it decrease the risk a little if you make the adjustment with the watch not running?...I think it's inevitable that you'll see this one soon too for a full service and lume job, just trying to make it a little more accurate until that time.