When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pro hunter rolex submariner

samrobinson2013

Hi guys just seeing if anyone has the rolex submariner from the pro hunter series and what they think of it? It's going to be my first rep and I love the black on black look this watch has. I'm going to buy from trusty time as I've read a lot of reviews and Andrew seems to have great customer service skills!

Anyway any advice would be hugely appreciated, also should I go for Swiss eta 2836 or Asian eta 2836

Thanks in advance

Opinions do differ!

I have a few of the " blackened" & I like them.However, they are a bit esoteric & not for many, especially for the vintage lovers as I am. That said, my Prohunter GMT gets a fair amount of wrist time & I am fond of it.....I'd say if you're attracted to these go for one & give it a try! The DLC coating is very durable, I've yet to have an infraction on 4 various pieces...Best, mcotter

Hi and welcome to the forum. As this will be Your first purchase stay with Andrew, he´s got a very fast e-mail response, sending of qc pictures and shipping. With time You will want to try out other TD´s too. The Asian eta 2836 is fine and gives a very fine, smooth sweeping of the second hand same as the swiss, myself would prefer to order a 2nd watch even with Asian 2813 or Quartz and save on the shipping instead of going for the swiss. The former Rolex 16600 series have smaller dots and green lume and are a very nice pick too (168 to 188 USD range). Than there are brands like TAG and Breitling, Omega..... What goes good for the black is that it´s not immediately recognizable as a Rolex, less ostentatious, personally I prefer the DSSD in SS or PVD over the pro-hunter but its big and heavy. Good luck with Your choices and purchase.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi and welcome to the forum. As this will be Your first purchase stay with Andrew, he´s got a very fast e-mail response, sending of qc pictures and shipping. With time You will want to try out other TD´s too. The Asian eta 2836 is fine and gives a very fine, smooth sweeping of the second hand same as the swiss, myself would prefer to order a 2nd watch even with Asian 2813 or Quartz and save on the shipping instead of going for the swiss. The former Rolex 16600 series have smaller dots and green lume and are a very nice pick too (168 to 188 USD range). Than there are brands like TAG and Breitling, Omega..... What goes good for the black is that it´s not immediately recognizable as a Rolex, less ostentatious, personally I prefer the DSSD in SS or PVD over the pro-hunter but its big and heavy. Good luck with Your choices and purchase.

HI had buy from Andrew many watches....very very Faster...correct and available...1 week to send in ITALY....I am very very satisfied !!!!