When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel slips (spacing)

markiemark

About two weeks ago I received my TC Sub. I don't know how to explain this, but the bezel slips. It turns with clicks in the right direction (counterwise). When I turn it clockwise, it is supposed to be blocked by the bezel-click-spring. But the inner teeth of the bezel slide over the bezel-click-spring. This is because there is tiny bit of space for the bezel to go up, just enough to slip/slide over the bezel-click-spring.

I checked whether the bezel was not applied good enough by pressing it down with great force of my furious thumbs, with no luck. I tried bending the bezel-click-spring up a bit, with no luck. Could it be that the bezel-spacer-ring is too thin or something?

What can/could I do? Has anyone else experienced this? Any help is much appreciated! 

Is the bezel washer in-between the crystal retaining ring and the click spring?

uhh... I only took off the bezel (the part where the insert is in), not the entire bezel assembly. If that is what you mean...

Is it the most left part in the pic, I do not seem to have it I think

D66C7AE3-3D13-4DC0-88FC-2411979954E3-146

That's not from a TC. But whatever. It's the thin ring in the middle. That washer should be underneath the click spring and sit right on top of the crystal retaining ring. Then you put your bezel on top of that until it snaps in place. If the washer is above the click spring, it will not engage properly. There is no need to remove the retaining ring... Just to avoid any confusion

That's not from a TC. But whatever. It's the thin ring in the middle. That washer should be underneath the click spring and sit right on top of the crystal retaining ring. Then you put your bezel on top of that until it snaps in place. If the washer is above the click spring, it will not engage properly. There is no need to remove the retaining ring... Just to avoid any confusion

I know its not from a TC, I just pulled something off from google. The thin ring is underneath the click spring. I snapped the bezel on several times to make sure I didnt do anything wrong...

There is a thin metal washer that sits between the bezel and the clicker spring. When you pulled the bezel was there a flimsy metal washer? Or just a clicker spring. If the bezel/insert came off and nothing is there but your press on bezel then that's what's going on. Your missing your washer

There is a thin metal washer that sits between the bezel and the clicker spring. When you pulled the bezel was there a flimsy metal washer? Or just a clicker spring. If the bezel/insert came off and nothing is there but your press on bezel then that's what's going on. Your missing your washer

I have the washer, maybe its too thin?

When I had a TC, I didnt like the click spring and replaced it. You might want to do the same. Get a gen if you can

How good is a clarks one?

Unless you drop the spring. It took me more than "a couple of minutes" to find it :p
Ha. I remember once I squeezed the tweezers too hard and it flew off. I knew it flew towards me so I shook myself down to the point where I was buck naked. After 10 minutes I realized it landed inside my shirt pocket! So yes. Gotta be careful with that delicate part!

• 1 month later...