When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HANGZHOU 6311 Movements, any good?

Aero_Dave

OK, so my ETA 2836-2 is not working right. One option would be to just swap it out for a

Hangzhou 6311. It's a 100% compatible movement, but just wondering if anyone has any

1st-hand experience with this movement? If so, are they any good? They run about 1/2 the

cost of a replacement ETA 2836-2, but if they are not reliable, then it might be a waste of

my time & money.

Thanks,
Dave...

over on WUS there is a comparison between the ETA, Seagull and the Hangzhou. The review is from a few years back but shows the differences and or improvements that the author found while doing a complete breakdown and pictorial review.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/how-do-seagull-hangzhou-compare-eta-depth-look-216945.html

Edit: the comparison is specifically for the 2824, I'm sure the conclusion would be similar for the 2836. The reviewer ranked them from top to bottom, ETA, Hangzhou then Seagull. He did say if he was to use one of the two clones on a mass scale to make a watch he'd go with the seagull. Interesting read with a lot of time and effort put into the review. I think either way you go you'd be fine, big thing effecting you is which mvmt can you get and at what price are you willing to pay? Many of our reps come with either the seagull or the hangzhou but not guaranteed which one.