When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 111 v3 crown wobbly and won't close

MrWalker81

Im having problems closing the crown after I have set the time on my pam111 v3 noob.

After winding the watch and setting the time it doesn't work to push the crown back using the CG lever.

The only way I can click the crown back is by using the CG and push the crown in with my fingers at the same time. I don't know if its normal or not but I tried to push the crown in only using my fingers and It was impossible. The crown feels wobbly and the resistance "outwards" feels like a spring.

I have already tightened the crown guard screws with loctite... should I have tightened the crown somehow also? 

Any advice?

You could be feeling the spring action of the crown because the movement has shifted ever so slightly inside the case, causing the crown to be out of alignment with the tube.  A loose movement tab could cause this. 

Or you could have a crown that is coming unwound from the stem.  

Both are easy to fix. Ideally you could open her up and have a look. remove the stem and have a look in the tube.  Make sure the stem port is dead center in the tube.  If it is then try to unwind the crown from the stem, then rewind it back on making sure not to cross thread. 

Don't force the crown into place. It could break, but lucky for you there are lots of people here that have replacements. 

When I recieved my 111 from InTime, I experienced the exact same problem. A little searching shows problems with the keyless works are known with the a6497. Off it went to my watchsmith to fix the crown as well as waterproof, regulation, and clean a thumbprint on the movement and caseback sapphire. 

If you're not comfortable doing the fix yourself, you can always send it to a modder and ask your TD to help offset this cost. Sending it back is typically not recommended if the problem is an easy fix.

Thanks for your replies. I've been doing some research and it seems most of what I have read suggests the same solution as you guys. I do not, however, have the confedence of opening the watch and giving it a try myself. I will probably just [censored] the watch up completely by not being able to reattach the stem or something. 

I have been trying to find a watch smith in my area (Stockholm) but so far I have had no success. I guess I will make a day of walking from watch smith to watch smith asking if they are willing to work on a replica because Im reluctant sending the watch away.

I guess this is the way the cookie crumbles. I am new to this hobby and I realize that I will gradually learn more and eventually learn to fix issues by myself but Im not there by a longshot yet.