When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New project.

kernow

Okay guys, I'm thinking about building a fantasy Omega: my grail. It's been done before in various guises, here's one photo stolen from the net.

image_zpsfacb5f50.jpg

Basically, it's a Seamaster Professional 2254, but with a Seamaster 2230 dial and a PO bezel, crystal and second hand.

I've been collecting the parts for a while and have either with me, or in transit everything bar the PO bezel, insert and second hand.

Now, I have a rep 2254 on its way to me and hopefully will be here in a week or so, but do I use a Seamaster GMT case, i.e. sans HEV or do I stick with a 2254 case? Opinions please.

Here is my rep GMT alongside its gen brother. I could use this or wait for the 2254, which already has a PO crystal installed.

image_zps7f58e77b.jpg

I managed to obtain a 2230 dial when I purchased a gen 2230 recently, unfortunately it needs a relume as one of the markers is missing it's lume :(

The 2230 dial is similar to the 2254, but has lume filled applied markers (white gold?) rather than painted. This makes it look more like a PO dial and some consider it an upgrade. So, should I go sans HEV?

I'd go with HE.

Interesting project too.

Good luck!

Thank you very much, I'm leaning towards the HEV at the moment. Edited by kernow