When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dilemma : Go for the Panerai Mille Metri Ti or buy the upcoming releases ?

panasol

Dear RWGs .

I'm facing with a big dilemma here..
I recently sold 6 watches of my collection in order to afford the best 3646 pam out there...but it did't work out..
So I bought some gems to replace what I lost (an breit avenger , the AP FC Diver V3 , some good straps etc)

But

I came across (don't ask me where or how) a titanium pam Mille Metri that is for sale.Those who know the watch can understand how rare and 1:1 is this model.
they are out of stock and considered the best homages ever build.

If I'm going after this one , I'll have to silent and not to buy any other watch for at least 4 months...
So , I'm gonna miss the Blancpain,the Linde Werdelin, the new AP Diver (when it's out) etc etc..

so , the question is...

Aim for the best homage ever built ( a rare bird , waterproofed up to 200m , 1:1 etc) or keep buying standard reps in the following months...?

if it helps , my other watches are a pam 243 Noob V2 with a swiss 7750 (modded by vac) , a pam 292J and a Chopard mille miglia with white dial and swiss 7750 (Modded by domi) + the two upcoming (breiling and AP) + my two gens (Girard Perregaux and Jaeger LeCoultre)

I used to own 7-8 watches but I sold them in order to afford the 3646..

any clues/hints/ideas?

thanx

That is a toughie.

Personally, I've been waiting for the Blancpain for years so it'd be a no-brainer for me.

Ask yourself this: had you been lusting after anything else more than the Mille Metri?  Had you been hunting for a Mille Metri for years or did it just sort of fall in your lap.

I've had rare pieces fall in my lap that I bought because "hey, how often will I get a chance to buy one?" but usually flipped shortly thereafter because they didn't speak to me.  I bought them because they were for sale, not because I actually wanted them.

I would go with the one you have been searching for, the MM. One thing about this one, if it's truly a rare bird, which I'm sure it is, if it doesn't "sing to you", you can always flip it and get one or more of the other ones on your list. This doesn't sound like something that you are going to lose money on if you decide you don't like it. Go for it!!

Honestly, with the Blancpain, there are a bunch of homage watches out there, even some with domed sapphire bezel inserts that look just like the new FF, and are water resistant , quality controlled and have a Swiss movement. for the same or less than the FF rep is going to cost. This is a nice rep, and I have wanted one for a long time, but the price is putting me off, plus I have two homage watches that were patterned after the FF, and neither of them get much wrist time, so I doubt the FF is going to kick something else to the sidelines.