When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Top Gun Pilot Versions

juicemouse

A question for the experts:

What is the difference between Chrono V1, V2, and the Doppel aside from the different movements? They range in price from the low 3's to the 8's on Trusty's and I'm curious which version is considered the most accurate and most reliable of the available movements. Appreciate the advice!

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know and understand, TG V1 has a almost perfect ( as perfect rep can be) ceramic case, but dial is more off, dial surface texture grain was too smooth. Dial printout was good but sub dial surrounding were not so shining as gen.Crown and pushers were better( by color and size). Top gun printings on side, color was totally off.

V2 has bad case ( biggest and visible flaw), crown is not in the middle it is rised, near to upper side  and off- big flaw IMHO. Crown was too big and off by color if I remember correctly. Dial surface texture was better, more gen like, sub dial surrounding were better too. Top Gun printing on side better but also off strongly.  Numbers printout  on dial were worse then V1 IMHO. Day and date wheel fonts, both are off, V2 is slightly better.

Rest of version`s I don`t know  about them unfortunately I have a V1 and I am happy with it.

Dont think you will find V1 from dealer, but who knows.

7750 is never reliable, if you will service it then.... maybe. I had 6-7watch with A7750 and non of them last, sooner or later tha all fail. Also I have 6-7 watch with A6497mov, and they all are running fine..

I have fully serviced two  A7750,  one by very good and skilful watchmaker, buit still- after year power reserve is now almost 0...phuk.

Maybe rotor is loose... Second one, serviced 7750inside IWC  TG workś fine and well however.

Edited by sul

• 2 weeks later...