When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Straps

RobbieG

New to PAM's. Any advice is appreciated. I have read most of the existing threads, but there is nothing about hole punch location, etc...

My wrist is 7 1/4" the stock rep straps that I assume are 115/75 barely can reach through the first keeper. But I do like that it fits on one of the center holes.

Conversely, a had a Davidsen watch ship with an XL strap which I have to choke down to the last hole to fit and it does with a bit sticking out of the keeper but I don't like being on the last hole as it moves the watch off center.

Both are obviously thin straps. What size do you think I need for 4-5MM thick straps given this info. Will 120/75 do it or should I bump it up a size to 125/80, or something in between. I am using Pre-V style buckles...

Thanks,

Rob

Good question as I am still looking for the perfect strap size.

To the strap experts - when you have a strap custom made for you do you specifify the exact 'prime location hole ' measurement for the hole you will use with a particular watch? If so, how do you determine this? Do you take the watch you want the new strap for, put on a spare strap and wrap it around and then measure the distance from the lugs to the 'prime hole'?

Maybe I am being entirely too analytical here but none of my pre-made straps have a hole in exactly the place I would like it. How do you insure this on custom watches?

Also, since the watch gets tighter on the wrist at the end of the day would you take this measurement then rather than in the morning?

Usil