When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Black Bay - just received

fraggle42

Oh really?

"Hertitage Black Bay. 1:1 replicated from a genuine sample,"

Soon, this EXACT same watch (minus the Tudor logos) will be selling by Parnis for $120 (shipping included).

Yeah, right.

Just like my $75 Alpha sub (without the Rolex name) is just the same as a $350 Rolex rep?

The fact that the bracelet feels like a feather, that the crystal isn't sapphire, that there's no AR at all, that the movement is cheap Chinese rather than Asian built using genuine ETA machinery (IIRC)?

It is a WORLD away from a $350 rep.

Don't get me wrong, for $75 it's astounding and reliable and a great beater and I like the looks of it, but, just like this $120 Tudor rep, it is not going to approach anywhere near the quality of these reps.

Sigfreids, stick to gens if you need any rep to be that accurate.

This is a lot closer to gen than many, many reps. Angus took over a year working together with the guys at RWI to iron out lots of problems.

And as to the price being high? You make it sound like it's the most expensive rep out there! What about the Fifty Fathoms? $500 or so it's going to be IIRC? AP divers? Etc, etc. we've all moaned about the quality of reps, they've gotten better, we now have QC pics and the opportunity to check for obvious problems (abused by many) and the TDs are mostly happy to sort us out if it arrives DOA or goes MIA on the way to us.

I wasn't around 5 or 10 years ago but from what I've heard you ordered something from a couple of grainy photos, and once it was posted that was it. Dead or alive, smashed or working, accurate or absolute rubbish, it was yours no matter what. And no one had heard of QC pics.

bought a gen BB last year and ordered the repro last week, the gen bracelet can not fit on the repro, but the gen fabric strap fit it well, now just looking for a gen pearl to replace the current one, although it contain some problems, the rep BB is still one of the best repro tudor i've ever seen

Sigfreid, I think some photo comparisons would be appreciated by the members!

Someone has just posted their QC pics of a very recent order and it looks like the new corrected batch of pearls are now being fitted, which is good news. Hopefully a new replacement pearl will be posted to all those who placed a pre-order so we may change it if we desire.

I would love to see and handle a gen, from the photos the rep is so close as to make the gen not worth it, but I want to see for myself if the gen has that unidentifiable 'X' factor that makes everything just click together and the whole look and feel just perfect? Maybe I'm wishing for something that isn't there, I think I have over hyped the watch to myself (and that's before I even heard about the rep being made)

checked out the gen at the local AD to see if it was for me. thought it would be too big for my tastes, i gotta say it fits right, not too tall or wide looks stunning and is right at home with a black leather jacket and jeans. I can recommend this watch to all VINTAGE Rolex and Tudor fans! :good:

also got some VERY cool swag from the AD, came away with 2 books the print quality and the finish of these books is just mind boggling, these are not brochures these ARE thick coffee table books printed in switzerland. guess you can see how much mark up they have in msrp that they can offer such literature. also has a concise history of the models

was also offered 20% off the $3400 (Canadian $)price tag (on SS bracelet)

12658657295_a780c917bf_o.jpg

12659132274_035312812c_o.jpg

12658789163_664f2e4c06_o.jpg

and of course some ROLEX SWAG

12659132414_acb5da9682_o.jpg

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee