When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from Chicago. I want a tax v6 sub!

painguy

Hi Chicago and welcome to the forum. Why exactly do You want a TC sub? Just curious if You want to develop on that.

I read about the TC bracelet long before even  joining this forum and forgot about it, than it took me quite some searching to find him again. It´s easier today.  My personal opinions:

Below are some Rolex pictures to preview. The one with the red second hand (a sure tell :), that´s why I chose it) is my beautiful TC Rouge, also from TC, the others are the 16600 Seadweller (waterproof) and the 116600 ceramic Submariner. Price and waiting time is 2-3 x higher/longer with the TC, with a 10x lupe You also see the difference:)

The TC for sure is the superior watch but for most people - I would say - the others just have different advantages and different flaws. TC basically just offers one model when there are so many different nice Rolexes to get.

TC Rouge on the left, Andrews Ceramic Sub on the right

TCCRvsCeramicSub_1347.jpg

One is a TC, the other is a 16600 Seadweller from Andrew (which?)

TCCRvsSeadwellerlume_1340.jpg

Seadweller on the left, TC on the right

TCCR_1341.jpg

Seadweller in the storm (this is not TC)

SeadwellerstormL1050728.jpg

HDR picture of Andrews Ceramic sub

RoLSubmarinerceramicnear1050266.jpg

If I would buy one watch only, I would buy the TC, if I was new here on the forum I would want the one I could get fastest and test around with watches from other brands too. If You get the TC as the first one You will not be able to appreciate its virtuous enough and later feel some kind of deception with the other reps.

I seriously would recommend to try out several watches/movements and brands first buying one Asian 2813, one Asian eta 36 and one Asian 7750 chronograph and in the middle-long term if You still want it to aim for the TC. In my opinion it is the much better way to go, but there are other opinions of course. I still wear all of the above and others :) Good luck with Your choices, posted some other details today in another forum question about ceramic subs if You want to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, just as they came, the TC has the lume applied as per gen but the Seadweller "superlumed" doesn´t stand back. Both glow all night :)

This is how it looks in the dark. On all of them You may well read the time all night, the weakest in the long run is the AP Diver but it´s still enough to read the time after 6 -7 hours.

TCLumecompareSubCTC.jpg

Hi, just as they came, the TC has the lume applied as per gen but the Seadweller "superlumed" doesn´t stand back. Both glow all night :)

This is how it looks in the dark. On all of them You may well read the time all night, the weakest in the long run is the AP Diver but it´s still enough to read the time after 6 -7 hours.

TCLumecompareSubCTC.jpg

The lume on all the reps I've purchased have been so weak. My timex indiglo works better. Yours is truly spectacular. I think I need to send all my watches to pb.