When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any MODS for IWC Top Gun 3799

Jaethomp

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the hobby and just made my first online purchase from Andrew at Trusty.

I got the more expensive IWC 3799 that is supposed to be 1:1 and all parts interchangeable with the real deal. I'm looking forward to receiving it, and have already been chomping at the bit to buy genuine straps. Any of you had one or know of some of the other mods I could do with this? Where could I find authentic parts also?

Thanks !!

First post! so welcome to RWG newbie.

The genuine IWC 3799 Top Gun is a double chronograph model as you may already well know. I owned the genuine but sold it, very nice watch but I outgrew it. ;)

The replica is very well made in my opinion. Don't believe the 1:1 hype too much for whatever you buy. You would be happy if you can get a 0.9:1 replica.

What to mod would depend on how far you want to take your watch into gen territory, and how much money you are willing to invest.

For genuine IWC parts, try PMing Concepta, and nicely explain what you need. He may be able to help you.

First post! so welcome to RWG newbie.

The genuine IWC 3799 Top Gun is a double chronograph model as you may already well know. I owned the genuine but sold it, very nice watch but I outgrew it. ;)

The replica is very well made in my opinion. Don't believe the 1:1 hype too much for whatever you buy. You would be happy if you can get a 0.9:1 replica.

What to mod would depend on how far you want to take your watch into gen territory, and how much money you are willing to invest.

For genuine IWC parts, try PMing Concepta, and nicely explain what you need. He may be able to help you.

I have a few rep Subs and YMs Picked up in NYC that I have swapped and played with, but to me their quality is horrible. With this IWC and the quality I'm hoping for I wouldn't mind shelling out some coin for gen parts and service to make it the best it can be and move on to the next project rep (SD and/or Omega SM).  I appreciate the reply ! I could always use some guidance while I'm getting my feet wet at this.