When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real, Redone Or Fake ? Need Help With Some Rolex Parts

madonna

Hi all.

Thinking to build a "special" Frankenwatch of the Domino's Pizza Air-King Rolex, but would like some advice frist before buying the parts.

Just wondered if you experts out there could say if these parts are genuine or fake.

Or if the dial just is badly redone.

162106-12018.jpg

162106-12019.jpg

162106-12020.jpg

162106-12021.jpg

162106-12022.jpg

OK.

It's in the oven. (Found a coupe of other dials/watches on the net with same size on the logo, so chances are not TOO bad that it might be original.)

So one Domino's Frankenwatch coming up in some weeks then, but hold the anchovies :D

Only to wait for the delivery-boy now.

For those who are thinking "WHY a DOMINO's Rolex???", it is only that I already have a swiss Daytona, Sub LV, WM's 1680, Yacht-master, 2 datejust ( one franken, one rep ) and just wanted something really DIFFERENT this time :p

(Have also other brands, PAM 127+187, Breitling Bentley, IWC jones + Portugeese Laureus, PP24 + Chanel J12 for wife)

And I blame all you (RWI/RWG/TRC) for this. Just 8 months ago I had not had a rep since I got a Rolex "something" in Thailand 20 years ago. ( It was not bad really, automatic and lasted 3+ years with no parts falling off :victory: )

Genuine large logo Domino's dials are different than the one pictured above. Legit large logos are still not that large; e.g. the logo should not extend into the center hole of the dial, and the sides of the logo do not sit as close to the 5:00 and 7:00 markers. Rather, the top of the logo should come just short of the hole, like this one on Dowling's site:

http://www.ukwatches.com/images/domino.jpg

Some other things to note: -T SWISS MADE T-, shape/height of the coronet, shape/size of the markers.

Draw your own conclusions :)