When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Pro-Hunter...Submariner or Seadweller? Best rep out of box?

gwxhs

Hi everyone,

I have a budget of about $400 at the high end, and I'd like to get a really nice pro-hunter rep.  I looked at Andrew's Sea dweller, but the helium valve is silver --- a huge tell.  I'm leaning towards a submariner with date, but I'm not sure.  I've got huge hands and large wrists.  What are your thoughts?  I'm thinking strongly about http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10447

Thank you in advance,

Gwxhs

Go for the PVD DSSD since you have large hands/wrist.

Thank you very much,

I'm trying to find a PVD DSSD that is a true super rep.  The one at Trusty has a silver helium valve, and it's supposed to be black. live1 above said it was just an old picture, but I e-mailed andrew and he says it's current.  Anyone know the best PVD DSSD as of late?

Thanks so much.

Go for the DSSD, the PVD or SS version. Maybe You want to take a look at this new one, SS, just released http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/166432-great-quailty-dssd-well-made/?hl=%2Bnoob+%2Bdssd

Sead is a great guy, takes some time to answer but good watches. The other one You may want to take a look at is the Noob version (other factory than the ones You have been seeing) from Toro

Than compare and choose. The SS is more Rolex-like, the PVD is easily confused with any other brand, at least from some meters away. Good hunting