When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver V5 vs V5.1 movement

Dreamer

Calling forth all AP experts and movement experts!

Hey guys, I have both watches coming and I remember a thread where some people were saying that the movements are not the same. If they are in fact different which movement is better all around? I think I will use this information to determine which one I will sell and which one I will keep. 

TYIA

Not an expert about movements but as much as I know v5.1 so noob factory uses new and very reliable seagull movements. Not sure what v5 exactly uses but I guess they are a little less reliable. Probably decide on yourself which watch is more comfortable on your wrist, has better lume appliance and overall better built quality. I guess every movement needs a service at one point in time and if you have a repfriendly watchsmith and it's a keeper for you a proper service it's worth every penny :)

Nevertheless, i hope an expert chimes in and you receive your goddies soon ;)

I tried searching to see exactly what movement the V5 has inside, but I wasn't able to figure out which it is. I do know the FC V3 has the ST2130 Seagull movement. I thought that the V5 had the same movement, but it  probably doesn't. It has the nicely decorated rotor, but what movement, I don't know. I'm sure there are folks here that will chime in, as people have done movement swaps, regulated the movement, and decased their movement for modding and service.