When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help taking strap off Safari

Dreamer

Yes I know..im doing this....the ones closest to the case dont need a screwdriver one on each end thats only for the ones that are on the actual strap that connect one to the other

As you know, the case-endlinks screws are 4 individual pieces.

The endlinks-strap screws are actually a bar and cap set, which to me is stupid. 

Makes strap changes a PITA and not always easy.

I got the strap off but the Pieces That Are Held On By The Case Screws On Royal Oak Offshore Watches Are Really Lose And They Wont Tighten Or Loosen They Just Keep On Spinning...ideas?

Not sure what you mean, send a picture?

If you are talking about the threaded pins that actually screw into the case lugs to hold the strap hangers, do they unscrew at all? Those dreadful little things don't have many threads, and on my white dial RC, they unscrewed about 4-5 full turns, then they spun. I took a pair of jewelers pliers and pulled them out as they were unthreaded, but barely out the case. I hope this is the problem, because if it isn't I'm afraid they may be stripped. If that is the case, pray that the threads on the pin stripped and the internal threads inside the lugs are OK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes panerai they spin freely...but I just got the watch today and I haven't been able to take them out at all, my RBII is the same way and they come out just fine. I would use pliers but I don't have any for this use. And yes at first when I was trying to get them out I got the lugs loose now j can't tighten them or even take out the case screws. Frustrating

Yes panerai they spin freely...but I just got the watch today and I haven't been able to take them out at all, my RBII is the same way and they come out just fine. I would use pliers but I don't have any for this use. And yes at first when I was trying to get them out I got the lugs loose now j can't tighten them or even take out the case screws. Frustrating

If they are spinning inside the lugs, and won't tighten or loosen, I would think that the threads are stripped. Would be pretty odd if all 4 are stripped though, unless the person who attached the strap, exerted so much pressure that he stripped them out. If they are stripped, then you are going to have to get someone who has the tools and know how to get those out.

If they are spinning inside the lugs, and won't tighten or loosen, I would think that the threads are stripped. Would be pretty odd if all 4 are stripped though, unless the person who attached the strap, exerted so much pressure that he stripped them out. If they are stripped, then you are going to have to get someone who has the tools and know how to get those out.

Bro Panerai153,i'm afraid the threads is loosen due to too much force exerted...mayb you can try fiding a watchsmith to do a re-thread for you if possible,just my 2cts tot...

Bro Panerai153,i'm afraid the threads is loosen due to too much force exerted...mayb you can try fiding a watchsmith to do a re-thread for you if possible,just my 2cts tot...

Problem is he can't get the threaded pins out. if he could get one out on each end he could stick a toothpick or straight paper clip in from the other side and push the other one out. If the pin won't back out by unscrewing, it's going to be a real problem to get them out. once they are out, he can see if the threads are bad on the pin and the case, or just the pins or both. if it's just the pins, it would be easy to use a tap to clean out the threads and get new pins. If the threads are gone inside the lugs, if he taps them out bigger, then he would have to have pins made that would have the correct size threads.

If this is a brand new watch, possibly contract the dealer and see what he says, maybe send it back and get it repaired (they would probably decase the movement and use all the parts in a new case. Maybe talk to one of the watch smiths/modders on the forum and see what they suggest.

I feel sure this problem has happened before, but probably with only one threaded pin, so you could unscrew the other one and push the bad pin out from the other side. In this case they are all spinning, so you can't get any access to remove them.

• Like 1