When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bushisms And Other Quotes From People We Know

eddhead

I was going to post this in the 'posts from people we know thread' but did not want to hijack it.

Here is a small sampling from this year

"The point now is how do we work together to achieve important goals. And one such goal is a democracy in Germany." --George W. Bush, D.C., May 5, 2006

"That's George Washington, the first president, of course. The interesting thing about him is that I read three -- three or four books about him last year. Isn't that interesting?" --George W. Bush, while showing German newspaper reporter Kai Diekmann the Oval Office, Washington, D.C., May 5, 2006

"I've reminded the prime minister-the American people, Mr. Prime Minister, over the past months that it was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship." George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 29, 2006

"I like to tell people when the final history is written on Iraq, it will look like just a comma because there is -- my point is, there's a strong will for democracy." --George W. Bush, interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, Sept. 24, 2006

"If the Iranians were to have a nuclear weapon they could proliferate." --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., March 21, 2006

There are a ton of them here... http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm they are hysterical.

What an absolute mouthbreather that ass-bag is. I'm guessing you found his quotes "using the Google on the internets".

Edit: Wait a minute...can one of the Admins here trace DAUNWAUN's IP address?! I think I just figured out who he is...

LOL... somehow, I knew that would appeal to you. hadn't considered the DAUNWUAN non de plume twist... :g:

With all due deference to our friend from the north, Senator Ted Stevens, chairman of the senate commerce committee which just so happens to be responsible for legislating laws pertaining to the internet, had this to say about how the internet works:

"I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the internet commercially...

They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and its going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material."

To get the full effect, you need to listen to the audio, it is unbelievable. It used to be on Youtube, but apparently it was removed.

Man, you cannot make this stuff up.

Here are a couple of more... I just cannot resist.

"What's his accomplishment?....That he's no longer an obnoxious drunk?" Ron Reagan, Jr. on George W Bush

"It's political Daddyism and it's as old as demagogues and despotism." Az Barry M. Goldwater also on George W Bush

"Capital punishment is our way of demonstrating the sanctity of life." -Orrin Hatch

"I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."-- George W Bush

"If I were two faced, would I be wearing this one?" Abraham Lincoln

"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become lesbians."--Pat Robertson at the 1992 Republican National Convention

"I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman" -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Considering the dire circumstances that we have in New Orleans, virtually a city that has been destroyed, things are going relatively well." FEMA Director Michael Brown, Sept. 1, 2005

"Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?" House Majority Leader Tom Delay (R-TX), to three young hurricane evacuees from New Orleans at the Astrodome in Houston, Sept. 9, 2005

"When I see a first-class individual who makes $80,000 a year, he's lower middle class. When I see someone who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000 a year, that's middle class. When I see anyone above that, that's upper middle class."

--Rep. Fred Heineman (R-NC), explaining that his yearly income of $180,000 leaves him short of middle-class status

"Racial discrimination does not always violate public policy." - Trent Lott

"But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down,"

Bill Bennett, Education Secretary under Bush I Source:9-29-05 "Morning in America" Radio show

"But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down,"

Bill Bennett, Education Secretary under Bush I Source:9-29-05 "Morning in America" Radio show

Jesus Christ.

Before the last Presidential election, a reporter asked Sen. John Edwards to comment on something that Bush said. They played the clip and Bush stated that the war in Iraq was a "catastrophic success". When the camera came back to Edwards he had this priceless look on his face and his response was, "Yeah, I don't even know what that means."

Catastrophic success?