When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Want to swap from a deployment setup to tang buckle

Dreamer

When switching the strap on an AP that currently has the deployment buckle are the only two things I have to purchase beside the strap the tang buckle and spring bar ?

Some useful info for you:

a. The ROO deployant clasp is 18mm in width. 

b. The diver buckle is 24mm in width.

c. If you want to get a direct buckle replacement, there are several 18mm buckles on ebay going for a few dollars each. They come complete with the springbar and buckle pin. If you want to fit a 24mm buckle, you would need a different strap that tapers to 24mm at buckle end, and if you want to use the AP Diver buckle, you would need straps with larger holes to accommodate the flat and wider buckle pin. 

Some useful info for you:

a. The ROO deployant clasp is 18mm in width. 

b. The diver buckle is 24mm in width.

c. If you want to get a direct buckle replacement, there are several 18mm buckles on ebay going for a few dollars each. They come complete with the springbar and buckle pin. If you want to fit a 24mm buckle, you would need a different strap that tapers to 24mm at buckle end, and if you want to use the AP Diver buckle, you would need straps with larger holes to accommodate the flat and wider buckle pin. 

18mm AP buckles for a few dollars at the bay??

Gimme link mate ;)

Its Alvin we're talking about. A few dollars in Singapore is like around $1000 USD for the rest of the world.

And that kinda talk coming from you J? I'm not the guy who gets around in a limo with bodyguards and have your breakfast served on gold platters. ;)

Jajjaja. No limo, just your standard level 5 land cruiser. no gold plates either.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

And with that, you just confessed to having bodyguards. Like a true celebrity or rock star. :lol:

I live in a poor country with a history of violence and kidnapping. :-(

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

There is a big difference between "I live in a poor country" and "I am poor" J.. 

But yes, I understand how you live, to a certain extent. But still, not everyone goes around everyday with bodyguards ;)

^^
Allow me to venture a guess perhaps, as to where you live JMicro?

Solely based on the comments in this thread, I would say South Africa?

I've not been there, but read Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world!

I know most (wealthy people) have bodyguards there, I assume Level 5 on a LandCruiser is a security/bulletproof level, but I don't know what Gold Plates are...

Edited by jpohl402

Gold plates is reference to dining (eating) on actual gold plates. Usually fine china-porcelain on top of precious metal. Noooo noo none of that BS. Although I have seen it, I don't condone that kinda of crap. Im american raised, do my own laundry and paid my own bills kinda guy till I was 28. When I was invited back into LA FAMILIA.

ABout 8000 kms west of Africa 

Hey J, maybe I myself or you misunderstood bud.

I wasnt referring to YOU sir as violent or kidnapping. You simply said you live in a country with a history of violence and kidnapping and not the best mail system.

Based on that, i was guessing you may live in SA somewhere.... i suppose it could have been USA as well lol, but the Lev5 L.C. and bad mail system didnt fit the bill for me, lol.

However, I know parts of SA are gorgeous and quite safe overall! Wasnt meant to be rude in the least.... id live in a nice part of Cape Town!!

Was only curious bud!

• 2 weeks later...