When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Omega arrived

fraggle42

I ordered this from a M2M over on RG who was selling two highly skeletonized Omegas.

This one depicts a traditional German village with a small castle, church, castle walls, houses, with flags, and even a waterwheel. Great thought gone into how to incorporate everything into the available front and back main plate.

Arrived no problems, running a bit fast (5 mins an hour) but that's easily sortable.

One loop spring needs refreshing again as it's rather weak and doesn't hold the gear against the others when winding the watch so I've got to be very careful at the mo.

The main spring is hellish hard to wind, must have been replaced at some point with a modern, tougher one that needs a lot of power to wind it, that will have to be sorted or it'll strip the other gears in no time at all.

It's got an original Omega silver case with double back. On the outside of the inner case is "MR" "5 June 1927". The case serial number and the movement serial numbers don't match sadly, but they're only out by a few so I'm happy the case is the one the movement would have come in.

Now the dial has gone the hands are blue against light gold of the movement so they'll need adapting a little so they're easier to see, you could completely miss the seconds hand at the moment!

There's a bit of dirt on the main spring and bits of dust and tiny strands of fluff but in a watch that you can open the back with your fingernail I don't expect it to be perfectly clean :)

I really like it :) Apologies for a lack of pictures but I'm too tired to take any decent pics tonight, but it's a nice, old, big bruiser. A few small things to sort out and it could even be a daily watch for another 87 years!