When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where can i find a replacement movement for this watch? Yatchmaster II

jonnyk

I got this watch off a dodgy scam website something perfect watches i think 

Anyway I was wondering where I can find a replacement movement as it has stopped working. Im not sure how to diagnose the issue but when i change the time every time a hand passes the 9 o'clock mark it makes a small noise?

I think it is a modified asian 2813 movement.

If anyone can help me find a replacement that would greatly appreciated 

Thanks!

IMG_4408_zpsc836da19.jpg

IMG_4338_zps86ff9700.jpg

Finding that movement for sale outside of buying another entire watch will likely be difficult. I'm not aware of them being available directly. You can always check with one of our trusted dealers to see if they can source the movement.

You might also want to check on getting someone to look at it and see if it can be serviced. Either that, or you could buy a stock movement and have someone move the conversion parts over from your old movement. Either way, it's going to get serviced, so I'd send it to someone to see what they say.

very unlikely you can email but you will have to send it back which will cost you.

my suggestion is go here

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_10

order something around $200 with a decent movement stick the old 1 in a drawer.

Unfortunately they dont have the better model in stock. 

shipping would only cost 20$ i would imagine. and it doesn't really matter if i get nothing as there is no point in having it sitting in my drawer.

Im looking at a daytona which i know is a time bomb but i love the watch!

is there a way i can work out whats wrong with it myself? The watch guy i took it to said that its 60$ just to look inside it. and the watch is only worth 120.

The fact that you are asking the question means likely not. Tearing down a watch movement takes some skill and experience. This isn't the movement you would want to try that on for a first effort.

If you have to service the movement (or replace it) with someone else doing the labor you are going to spend more than $120. $60 to take a look is reasonable, which should come off the service price once he's determined what's wrong.

If you can't get the seller to send you a replacement, then you have two choices. Throw it in a drawer, or pay to get it fixed.

And one further piece of advice, don't buy the Daytona unless you are buying one off the sales section that has had one of the two mods done to it which corrects the seconds at 6 problem. You'll be in the same boat as you are now and wondering why it's so expensive to fix.