When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Inexpensive Swiss 7750 Genuines/less Than Some Replicas

crystalcranium

I love the look of some of the new reps out with swiss 7750 movements but some of them cost upwards of $800+. I can but a Hamilton Chrono or a Tissot LeLocle or an Accutron Gemini mechanical chrono for in the $600-$700 range. This choice has presented my OCD thinking with another bone to chew on. Do I get something that looks astonishingly close to a genuine Breitling and has a dependable movement that performs smoothly and accurately or do I get a genuine with all the perks of buying from a legitimate company but a lesser name at a lower price???

The genuines mentioned are entry level 7750 mechanicals. I was going to get one of the new Swiss 7750 Breitlings until I tried on a beautiful Accutron Gemini with a white dial, blue hands and roman numerals. The feel and weight were so different from my stainless reps.

163627-11756.jpg

Unless our dealer friends come out with something more reasonably priced, I think any Swiss 7750 replica over $500 just isnt worth it.