When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ceramic Planet Ocean - Rotor Sticking, Does Not Auto-Wind Well

frost

I just received a Ceramic Planet Ocean from a TD last Friday (4/11). This is my 3rd watch from the same dealer, and the third watch that has had a problem. On this particular model, the glass back allows you to observe the movement and rotor. I started to notice that the watch began to stop while wearing it throughout the day. It manually winds fine. I took it off and started turning it in my hand, and noticed that the rotor would get "stuck" and not turn unless I shook the watch hard enough, or tapped on the back glass to get it to move. I also noticed that I can "unstick" the rotor if I unscrew the crown and gently nudge the winder, ever so slightly. Any ideas what might be wrong here? Things I should try?

Edited by frost

I had this as well. Took the back off and tightened all the bridge, rotor and [censored] screws which were loose. Works fine now

Loose screws were allowing the rotor to sit high and touch the case back when warm and expanded

S

• Like 1

I had this as well. Took the back off and tightened all the bridge, rotor and [censored] screws which were loose. Works fine now

Loose screws were allowing the rotor to sit high and touch the case back when warm and expanded

S

Thanks for the reply. I'll give this a shot. Would you happen to have a recommended screwdriver set by the way? There are a ton of different options on Amazon and eBay, but I was curious if there was a "preferred" set?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag this thread back from the dead, but for the sake of others I wanted to explain that my problem was related to the rotor being screwed on too tight, I completely removed it, then replaced it. It does not take a lot to keep the rotor assembly in place. Perhaps 1.5 turns of the screw. I had tried tightening it at first only to make the situation worse.

Are there any reliable crowns out there aside from the gen? I've popped 2 out of 3 crowns on watches sourced from the BP factory.