When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch tool kits... so many to choose from

Change

Can anyone help me find the appropriate tool kit for my use?

I've read many threads where people say "You get what you pay for" and then someone else says "This $20 Kit has everything you need"...  :huh:

My use, would be to predominately remove or add links to bracelets as needed. Replace or swap bracelets/straps, and if necessary, remove the backing and tear down a watch if it stops working. I have 3 Breitlings, 2 Omega's, a Tag, and an Invicta. My understanding is that some tools kit's don't or cannot remove the case backs on Breitling watches, is that correct?

Can someone help me choose, or point me to a kit that would work for my needs? I'd prefer to order via Amazon if possible, but open to other venues if it meets the need.

Thanks!

I use a sticky ball to remove case backs. Haven't had a single case back I couldn't open yet. I bought one of those tool kits and ended up replacing everything because honestly the tools were garbage. I recommend a NICE screwdriver kit, these will be used for link replacements and movement screws don't go cheap here. You will want a set that you can replace the blades on. This http://www.esslinger.com/tool-kit-for-opening-watch-backs.aspx kit has the basics that you will need for opening case backs. I use the bergeon screwdrivers that have the rotating base that holds them, cheaper ones are fine though. You will want some Rodico for cleaning and handling small pieces, a fine pair of tweezers, a nice hand puller, a decent hand setter, etc. I have simply found that buying the tools piece meal has been easier for me.

Hi, the Amazon "Watch repair tool kit" for about 20 usd is a complete basic setup with the plastic blue pin removal tool, plastic tweezers some screwdrivers, 4x lupe caseback removal tool adjustable etc. I got this for a basic and for my needs its perfect. The specialized items You may get them on one to one basis. Toothpics are essential, some nyogel or o-ring greasing kit too.

Hi, the Amazon "Watch repair tool kit" for about 20 usd is a complete basic setup with the plastic blue pin removal tool, plastic tweezers some screwdrivers, 4x lupe caseback removal tool adjustable etc. I got this for a basic and for my needs its perfect. The specialized items You may get them on one to one basis. Toothpics are essential, some nyogel or o-ring greasing kit too.

I agree on the toothpicks. Great non-marring tools for some jobs.