When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROLEX GlideLock Repair

B12b12

I see, one of the spot welds broke on the bracelet links of the clasp. The TD just sent you 1/2 the clasp, that's not good all you can do is file the rivet head off and push the pin through. But then you have a problem as the pin will not be long enough to create a new rivet head.

So you will need a new pin, hammer and doming tool, not an easy job unfortunately.

Better idea is take your existing broken bracelet into your local jewellers and ask them to "silver solder" the broken link back on the clasp. This is an easy job for a working goldsmith, if done correctly this is a stronger joint than the spot weld previously applied, it will not break again. There will be some discolouration to the clasp, but again the jeweller can easily polish this out.

Estimated cost on this £20-25 a far quicker and effective repair than trying to do it yourself

Edited by Adrian

it was a bit mean to just send a half clasp isnt it ... I cant see why they could not have sent the full clasp .....

I had an issue with another clasp , and a different TD sent me a whole new bracelet !

Annoying problem really