When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FC Diver movement

Guys I know this sounds like a completely noob question, one step above "who has the best sub"!! But here goes, what movement is in the J12 FC v3? I always thought it was a Seagull ST 2130, but I've read a bunch of threads, and most say A2824 or A2824 clone. I would guess that the ST2130 would be classified as a 2824 clone, but so would several other movements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, Seagull is a best clone I hear. My FC diver V3 has a standard 2824 piece of crap that of course is already dead. So I got a brand new Seagull 2824. You can get them sealed, factory direct for $90, which is what I did. I read claims that they are even better then Swiss 2824 and some guys had them regulated to as low as +1.5/sec a day which is insane.

SS models come also with Swiss SW200-1 which is great. But they did not make it to CF models.

I'm also going to have Seagull installed into JLC Navy Seal Diver as a replacement for the standard one.

Thanks guys, I was suspicious of the movement as the dealers are somewhat evasive about the exact movement. one website, can't remember said it had a Seagull ST2130, but the others I checked just said A2824 or 2824 clone. AFA the 2130, I read a review on WUS about it compared to an ETA 2824 and another A2824 movement. This was a a complete teardown, almost part by part photo review by a well respected watchsmith. His conclusion was the ST2130 was as good as and in some categories better than the standard grade ETA 2824. The A2824 was a distant third in every category.

Ifovco,

USD90 is great. Mind share the link?

Does it comes with the black datewheel?

:)

You can find the ST2130 on EBay. Seller is from Portugal. Price is 99.00 USD shipped.

These are factory new sealed movements.

I tried to find one here in the USA, but nothing comes up in a Google search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk