When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comparison of SD dials

Ticktick

After all the SD 16600 theme is still hot because of the BP watch.

I decided to compare two SD dials. Maybe it will be helpful for someone who is planning some mods.

I will show the SSD V2 dial mounted on movement against TC's dial.

All pics iPhone 4S.

SSD on left, TC on right.

davevequ.jpg

SSD, outer diameter 27mm.

ymadyhaz.jpg

TC, outer diameter 28mm.

3uradyjy.jpg

Nightshot. SSD left, TC right.

ejamuryz.jpg

My personal conclusion:

The old SSD isn't as bad as I thought first time. If you watch it under a loupe you will recognize that it really has slightly thicker 5 minute markers! Lume is very evenly applied and does not protrude over the rims like gen. Rims have got a good thickness compared to gen. Print quality is excellent. Hands are matching perfect and all lume has got a nice creamy colour. The lume has got a semi gloss structure. It would be perfect to match an older and used 16600 build. Only the night activity is really bad!

TC's dial is outstanding, too. Lume is very strong at night and bright white and matte at daytime. But the rims are a bit to thin compared to gen. Lume protrudes over the rims considering overall height. It is not applied as perfect as Noob's lume material but still near perfection. 5 minute markers are thick enough. Print quality is very very good. Even a Rolex engraving can be found on the backside.

Now you can decide which one you'll give your choice for yourself.

Cheers

Andi