When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should I go for new AT Maker PO Orange Chrono 45MM

HyperEscape

Ok,

So I have almost ended my search for Omega Planet Ocean Orange Chronograph 45.5 MM (Omega Model Number 2918.50.83) which is an older version with 3 subdials as follows : Apparently no TD has it in stock for the finest ultimate version by noob factory (with tighter subdial spacing, correct omega logo, 22mm lugs)

29185083-20.png

So now everyone is recommending the following new Planet Ocean Orange Chronograph from AT Maker factory with 2 subdials (Omega Model Number 232.32.46.51.01.001). The Gen is as follows :

23232465101001-20.png

However the rep which is mostly recommended and available with some of the TDs is as follows :

om15424-planet-ocean-600m-co-axial-chron

As very correctly identified by the veterans , this new rep from AT maker, has major flaw which may or may not be noticeable to a lot of us when comparing with the gen.

The subdial at 3 in the gen (check pictures in above) is a 12 hour counter, while in this new rep it is a 30 min counter. It may also have other cosmetic imperfections since I have not seen any member's review who has bought one and has posted the actual hands-on picture of this rep.

So i want recommendations and advice from the gurus, that should I wait further for getting maybe a better and corrected rep from the AT maker factory, in which they would probably fix the subdial at 3, but would that be possible so soon in the near future or would take an indefinite time.

Another thing I am not sure about is that, I wanted this watch in rubber strap, which was available for the older 3 subdial version, this new rep is only available in metal bracelet and leather strap. So can I assume that a rubber strap bought separately from any TD would fit in the lugs of this new rep.

Given that my desire to own this orange beauty is quite overpowering, should I accept this imperfection, if that the rest of the watch is pretty spot on. It would be more of a personal decision to accommodate and compromise , but what would be community's view and advice on it.

Any other guidance of still getting the older 3 subdials version with a rubber strap, if any of the community member is interested in selling, would also be welcome, although I am browsing thru the sales and trade section of the forum and apparently no one has the intention to do so.

Thanks for reading and posting your replies.

It's a very subjective decision that only you can make.   For me, the subdial issue would drive me crazy, even though 99.9% of those looking at the watch would be oblivious to it.

ya the subdial flaw is a big deal...I wouldn't even bother with it. It doesn't matter what others think, it really matters how you feel about it. And being a watch guy I think it would drive you crazy...or at least it would drive me crazy.